Historical Pictorials
 
HANCOCK FIRE OF 1869
A terrible fire on Sunday, April 11th, 1869, that destroyed some 150 buildings and structures, including every sore in the town, and, some 120 additional structures that housed living quarters. At this period in time, there was no Fire Department or fire equipment in the village.

See New York Times story from April 15th, 1869:
Click Here to View PDF
 
             
           
 
 
City Bike and Pedestrian Committee Meeting
Milly's Restaurant, 108 Quincy Street is now open.
Hancock Beautification Committee Efforts
City of Porvoo Finland Runebergskoren Male Choir
Parade of Nations
 

HOME  |  CITY INFORMATION  |  HISTORY  |  NEWS & EVENTS  |  RECREATION  |  BUSINESS DIRECTORY  |  LINKS  |  CONTACT

 
 

Web site development: opusWeb.com