City News & Announcements
Help Wanted - Downtown Development Coordinator
Downtown Development Coordinator
The Hancock Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is seeking a part-time Downtown Coordinator. The position requires an energetic, results-oriented professional enthusiastic about the future of Downtown Hancock. Ideal candidate will
have experience in economic development including private sector, government and non-profit organizations.
Duties and responsibilities
• Retain, grow and recruit retail and other businesses to enhance the downtown business environment.
• Build landlord, business, broker and University relationships
• Track vacant/available space for potential businesses
• Serve as a liaison for existing and potential Downtown business and property owners and the City.
• Coordinates efforts of the Hancock Business and Professional Association,
The Hancock Beautification Committee and the Downtown Development Authority
• Assists in planning and promoting Downtown events via the City’s website,social media, media outlets and printed materials.
• Markets Downtown properties via the City’s website, social media, media outlets and printed materials.
• Promotes DDA incentives to existing and potential businesses
• Provides administrative support for the DDA
Education and experience requirements include a high school graduate at minimum, with three years’ experience in sales, marketing or communications fields. Associates or
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired. Experience working closely with volunteers, volunteer organizations or in the marketing/promotions/communications
profession. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Computer experience with Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of website and social media applications would be a plus. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and ability to analyze situations and recommend effective and reasonable course of action. Ability to analyze and interpret data; and exercises tact and diplomacy when dealing with property and business owners, various groups/committees and the general
public. Excellent time management skills. Must have a collaborative attitude and enjoy cultivating relationships.
Job title DOWNTOWN COORDINATOR
Reports to DDA Director
The position is estimated to be 16-20 hours per week with a varied schedule requiring
daytime, evening and weekend hours. Strong familiarity the City of Hancock is a plus.
Hourly rate is negotiable.
Please send resume and cover letter by April 12,2019 to:
Barry J. Givens, P.E.
City of Hancock
399 Quincy Street
Hancock MI 49930